Robby and I were absolutely thrilled to be able to baptize Miss Maggie today at All Saints Episcopal Church in Homewood! It was such a beautiful service from start to finish. We were so honored to have both of our complete families (sans the Bush clan because they were stuck in Jackson nursing a sick baby-she's feeling much better now, thanks for asking-Court, we missed you all TERRIBLY!!)
It was All Saints Day, so the sermon was focused on those individuals, past and present, who we would characterize as "life givers". Those are the people who nurture us spiritually, mentally, and physically, and we were encouraged to let them know how much we appreciate them...how appropriate on a day like today, where so many "life givers" in Robby, Maggie, and my life were there for such a huge spiritual moment in Maggie's life. That was such a touching sermon! Then, at the conclusion of the actual baptism, the children's choir, in their precious angelic voices sang "Jesus Loves Me." There was not a single dry eye in either pew!
Thanks to all for traveling to the Ham to share in this exciting occasion, and a big THANK YOU to her wonderful Godparents for their commitment to help the Hayes and Allison (and Bush) families bring Maggie up in a loving, Christian home! We are forever in your debt, and we are oh-so-lucky to have you!
God has truly blessed us!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Um, did you take a blogging class over the weekend? Impressive work my friend--the slide show is awesome! I am SO honored I got to be part of this day! I love you all!
I can't believe I'm just now getting access to this blog! I love it! It makes me feel like I'm not so far away. Love ya'll and I'm so excited for Maggie!
You and Maggs look beautiful- and Robby cleans up pretty good, too! Love the pictures of your mom and Maggie- precious. And tell you Dad I'm impressed that he rode his pink bike all the way to b'ham. (Don't know what it caught my eye or why it is even funny to me, but there's a pink bike in the back ground of the pic with Larry & Maggie. I think I need more sleep!) Looks like y'all had a beautiful day. I'm praying for your sweet girl.
Post a Comment