Friday, April 8, 2011

Mary Allison-3 months

Disclaimer-this post is a bit more for my reference than anything else, so feel free to skip it! HA-only one new picture to share, but a whole lot of things that should go in her baby book...so sorry to bore you with the details!




I'll be the first to admit that my sweet baby girl's baby book hasn't been updated since we left the hospital, and that makes me sad. There's something daunting about sitting down to update it when you have to concentrate on writing pretty and not making mistakes. Hopefully, I'll do a good job of keeping this blog so that I can go back to it and use it as a reference.

That said, Mary Allison is right over three months old-boy, the time is flying by! She is such a sweet little thing-much more laid back than her big sister! It's a good thing because between Maggie and myself, we stay on the go and she rolls with us! A few facts about my second born:

She smiles often and we have "conversation" all day long-it melts my heart! She's such a happy baby...except when she has an ear infection. When she's consistently fussy for a full day, I can be fairly confident that her ears are bothering her.

She eats very well. She takes a 5 ounce bottle about 5 times a day and is growing like a weed! She had a doctor's appointment last week for her second ear infection, and she weighed in at 12 pounds. She has some precious rolls on her legs and I love to see that full belly after feedings...and I could pinch those cheeks right off!

Her lifeline appears to be what my mom calls a "sleepy diaper." Whether its a lovey or one of those really thin burp cloths, she loves putting them on her face. She loves to hold things, I have noticed-especially her sleepy diaper and my finger when I am feeding her...love it! She'll take a paci unlike Maggie at that age...she particularly likes them when she's fighting sleep.

On that note, she is NOT sleeping through the night yet (by my definition anyway!) I try to put her and Maggie down around the same time at night...usually between 6 and 7 and until this week, she's consistently been up at 3:30 am for a feeding and then up for good between 5:30 and 6. This week, she's been up at the 11:00 hour as well as 3:30...not sure what that's all about! It's my fault for putting her down so early at night, but that is truly the best time of the day for me to be productive, so I go with it. This night owl is ready for her to sleep through the night...but, I am trying to absolutely cherish this time with her...EVEN in the wee hours of the morning! HA!

She loves her kick and play and will literally kick those little chunky legs for an hour at a time! She's also a fan of her swing-she tends to nap much better in that than in her crib. She loves to just lay on a blanket and kick her legs.

She prefers to be on her back and NOT on her belly? Strange to me!

She seems to really love her big sister-most of the time-and watches her every move! When Maggie cries, nine times out of ten, so does Mary Allison. I like to think she does that because she is empathetic, but I'm sure it just scares her. Regardless, I think the feeling is mutual!

She DOES have some pipes on her, and that sweet, soft, newborn cry has gotten progressively louder and more powerful. She lets you know when she's not happy, for sure!

She's a TON of fun...I LOVE loving on a newborn...especially this one!!

No comments: