Friday, April 30, 2010

Ice Cream and the Housekeeper

My sweet mom came to Birmingham to help with Maggie during the move! She was so great to help pack up my kitchen during nap time, load boxes to take to our temporary address, run errands for us, and most importantly, to keep busy bug busy when the movers were at the house! Thank you SOOOOO much for taking such good care of Maggie...she definitely misses her Bo!

Mom and I took Maggie to get a little sweet treat one afternoon during her visit! Needless to say, she has quite the sweet tooth (she gets it honestly from her mother). She demolished this ice cream cone! She seriously ate the entire thing sans the many drips on her dress, shoes, legs, hair, and on the table! HA! I must point out that she is wearing a dress that my sister and I wore when we were little...we wore it when we were three and it's a perfect fit for my not-even-two year old!



Needless to say, this was her first, but certainly not last, ice cream cone!



In other news, the OCD behavior continues...one night, I was giving Maggie a bath, and she paid no attention to her bath toys...why you ask...because she was too busy CLEANING my tub. Seriously, she took her washcloth and scrubbed the tub from top to bottom for a good 20 minutes...I am not kidding! She washed the tile surrounding the tub, faucet, inside and out of the tub. Now that I know she is such a thorough (and cheerful) housekeeper, I might have to put her to work! HA!




Needless to say, my tub has never looked so good!

2 comments:

Mysti Chustz said...

aww Lauren I love her! I so need to meet her:)
So pumped for ya'll about the house! On to bigger things!!
Love you friend

Maggie Ethridge said...

okay- she is too stinkin cute in that dress! however, i'm going to need photo proof that YOU ever wore a dress- it seems to me that our first play date was busting up ant hills, riding your scooter (or was it a skate board), and probably climbing a tree.