Big Sister Maggie is absolutely thrilled to have her and is adjusting very well so far...not to say we haven't had a glitch or two and not to say that we aren't expecting a few down the road, but overall, she's done beautifully, and I couldn't be more proud of my big two year old! She showed up at the hospital with a special gift for her baby sister (artwork done by my wonderfully talented sister, Courtney!) She also wore her very finest princess costume to meet Mary Allison...you always gotta look good for the camera, right?
When Maggie first saw Mary Allison, she wasn't quite sure what to do, so she clung pretty tightly to her dad, but after a few minutes, she warmed up and was ready to love on her...her excitement absolutely warmed my heart!
We were so lucky to have the cousins there to entertain Maggie while Robby and I were at the hospital. Those precious two Bush girls are mature beyond their years and truly took Maggie under their "wings" to reassure and distract her during the day. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with my sister, and I am even more thankful that our girls have already formed such a special bond!
A BIG special thank you to my brother in law's (William) wonderful girlfriend, Lindsay! She is a nurse at our hospital and made sure we had the very best care throughout our stay...not to mention, she made many stops by our room to visit with us, give this rusty old mama some good advice, and spend time with Mary Allison. She was also sweet to do a few diaper changes and feed her when she was off the clock! What a special gift to us, Lindsay...many, many thanks!! I am forever in your debt!
Getting ready to go home-she was so tiny in that big old car seat! Our first stop prior to going home...SONIC! Mama worked so hard and needed a special treat before settling in at home for the BIG snowstorm.
Had to include this picture in the post...my last pregnant picture-taken at the hospital as we checked in! I am one that absolutely loves being pregnant and loves having a belly...strange, I know! I loved having Mary Allison safe and sound in my belly and while I was very eager to meet her, I could have kept her in there a little bit longer!!
More pictures from our first week at home to come!


3 comments:
oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! I just checked in and realized I had missed this blessed event!!! Congratulations my sweet friend on this BEAUTIFUL baby girl! Well, on 2 beautiful girls actually:) She and Philip share a birthday too-- so fun, what a great day to be born! Love you and can't wait to see more of this little girl in the days to come. Oh, and I LOVE her name!!!!!
Yeah for all the pictures!! And a big thanks to Robby for emailing when this precious little one made her appearance- I so appreciated being included.
Maggie is looking like such a big girl.
You better call me the first time you make a Jackson trip- your position on the Christmas Card List depends on it ;)
Love y'all!
War Eagle!
Congratulations, Lauren, on your sweet baby girl!! She is a doll! I checked your blog a week or so ago and saw she had arrived, but then I was pulled away before I could comment. So, I am back again - admiring your precious girls!! I just love how big sis wore her princess attire to the hospital! :) And the pictures of y'all at home are so sweet. I hope all is going well as you settle in. :)
Post a Comment