I cannot believe a year has already come and gone...this year was, by far, the fastest one in my life! I LOVE this baby girl-she is so laid back and easy going, and I couldn't have wished for an easier baby. She is the epitome of happiness...unless she is hungry, sick, or sleepy!
A few things I want to remember about her at this milestone:
LOVES her pink blanket-as a baby, she would literally cover her face with loveys in the bed! It made me a nervous wreck, but that was her thing. It has evolved into loving the mess out of this blanket. Thankfully, I have a backup blanket that is equally as loved-that one goes to school and church, and while it's not her #1 love, it does the job. She also loves her paci!
Has recently started standing up-not even thinking about walking, but she's getting stronger on her feet everyday. As for me, I am not disappointed because I want her to slow down!
Loves her sister-LOVES her to pieces, but she has learned to voice her opinion. She doesn't love her sister taking things away from her or getting into her face. It cracks me up that she has no shame in pulling Maggie's hair to let her know she's unhappy...funny girl!
Mary Allison struggles with acid reflux? We didn't catch it until she was 9 months old-didn't seem to give her too much trouble as a newborn, but for whatever reason, she started getting fussy with real food at 6 months and by 9, she was very uncomfortable. She's now on medication and soy milk and seems to be MUCH happier!
Has also had a tough few months with teething! This baby had only the bottom two front teeth for months, and has all of a sudden cut SIX new teeth! She's not having too much fun with it, but they have mostly cut through, so she's well on her way!
Has the most infectious laugh-melts my heart!
Loves school! This baby girl rarely cries when she is there, and while I can't seem to rock her to sleep at home, Ms. Nancy has no trouble getting a catnap from her there. She is so happy there, and that makes mama happy!
Loves her Daddy to death, but so far, she's a mama's girl! I can get her to snuggle much more than Maggie ever did, and I LOVE it!
Says hello in two ways-either points her finger at the person she's talking to and gets a big 'ol smile on her face OR puts the palm of her hand to her ear like she's talking on the phone!
On that note, she talks a LOT, but still doesn't make too much sense. Other than mama and dada, her first words were "good girl" and "bubbles". HA! She says good girl constantly, and repeats it a million times. LOVES bubbles in the bathtub!
To that, she thoroughly enjoys bath time and, if I let her, she will completely soak the bathroom in five seconds flat! She LOVES to splash-toys are not necessary in her world!
That goes for our play time too...she loves toys, but is far more of a troublemaker than her sister was. She will play with a toy for a few minutes, but then she is off for the outlets, breakables, lamps, roaches on the floor, liquor cabinet...you name it! I've put the padding around our fire place, and she absolutely makes a game of pulling them off as soon as she notices them. She is a mess-childproofing has been hard with her. Thankfully, she has another set of eyes watching her almost constantly! She's such a mess!!
Food is daily challenge. She is such a great eater 90% of the time, but if she's not interested, she doesn't hesitate to throw each and every tiny piece onto the floor-she's such a messy eater! As of this week, veggies are out and chicken is in! On a daily basis, she loves milk (of the soy variety), yogurt, and all fruits. She's not a fan of cheese and most veggies other than sweet potatoes and green beans. She loves some carbs-goldfish, crackers, chips, you name it! She's not crazy about pastas.
Might be my musician-loves music! Loves to dance when she hears it and even sings along with us at church! Sweetness!
Loves the stroller, which is great, because she spends an awful lot of time in it. She really enjoys being outside like the rest of us too!
As far as stats go, I'm not sure where she is on anything other than weight, but since we've been at the doctors office 5 times in the last 3 months, I can tell you she weighs 20 pounds. At 9 months that put her at 75% but not sure at 12 months where she'll fall! I find it particularly humorous that she currently weighs 6 pounds less than her 3 1/2 year old sister-I could eat those precious cheeks and rolls UP!
Happy Happy First Birthday to my sweet baby girl!


1 comment:
Ha! Lauren, better late than never! Mary Allison does have an infectious laugh! And just about the happiest baby I've ever kept! Leslie
Post a Comment