Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The End of an Era...

Well, it's a sad day in America, but Miss Maggie is officially not into her Johnny Jump up anymore! I've tried, unsuccessfully, for the last two weeks to get her interested in bouncing to no avail. She cries her head off every time I put her in her once beloved Johnny Jump Up...what once provided hours of entertainment, pure joy, and a lot of laughter is no longer a viable option to hold her attention. Though I will miss my "free" time, we will not shed anymore tears, as it is finally going into storage. For real, how will I ever get my stacks of monogramming done!? Please take a moment to remember the good times we had in our friend, Johnny!





Ahhhh...the good old days! (HMMMM...there is supposed to be a video of her happy days in this toy, but I waited 6 years for it to upload, and it's not showing up...you get the idea, right?)



In other news, Maggie is standing up very comfortably on pretty much all things now. Today, our very favorite bug man, Barry came by for a visit, and sweet Maggie stood up and pressed her face to the glass surrounding our door for a good 20 minutes, watching his every move-we love Mr. Barry, and we especially love giving him our monthly progress reports!



We are also very proud to finally have our exercise stroller-the Graco has been a faithful companion, and she has held strong on our many offroading experiences, but we decided to get a more smooth ride for our rigorous (yeah right) exercise sessions! She is super proud of her new stroller, and I am obsessed-it is GREAT and I highly recommend it if you are in the market!



Last but not least, and I hope you are sitting down, Maggie officially has a TOOTH!!! YEAH! We've been waiting very patiently, and our patience paid off...as of yesterday morning, the bottom right tooth has broken through-the left one appears to be following close behind! Go Maggie! I tried to get a picture, but let's be honest, it is only a tooth bud at this point, and she will not open her mouth on cue...maybe later, but I promise it's there! In a recap of the past month (Maggie's 7th in this world), this has been a tremendous time of new tricks. This month, she started crawling full speed ahead (no commando crawl for this mover and shaker), pulling up to the standing position, got her first tooth, waving good-bye and hello, imitating us a whole lot (she makes a fabulous monkey noise that her dad must have taught her, shakes her head when we say no-no, talks a whole lot-pretty much every male is dada, etc). Oh, she is soooooo much fun-she's truly taking in this world and doesn't miss a trick! We've attempted to baby proof our house, but so far, she's figured out how to take our plug covers off (pretty impressive, huh) and can't seem to stay away from the cords we can't baby proof. Along with the good comes the bad...she had her THIRD ear infection this month as well...no fun! There is never a dull moment with this sweet angel, and we are so blessed to have her! I can't believe my baby is now EIGHT months old...she's growing too fast!

3 comments:

Mysti Chustz said...

okay I can just hear you talking as I am reading your posts and I wish I got to see you more:)
Can't believe that angel is 8 months old! Man, time flies and they grow so fast. M.L has a birthday this week...so happy and sad!!
Love you girl!

Elizabeth said...

Ha! The Johnny pics are hilarious! We will miss our dear friend Johnny! I can't belive my precious Godchild is EIGHT months old! Where has the time gone?

Andrea said...

I am cracking up at the pictures of Maggie in the Johnny Jump Up! :)

That is so exciting that she got her first tooth. Madeline just turned 6 months and I am not seeing any signs of a tooth. I am sure she will have a tooth very soon. It is so crazy how fast they grow up!