This was a picture I sent my dad and sister a few weeks ago of Maggie blowing them a kiss...starting their day off with a smile!

Shortly after that, Maggie had a date with the pediatrician...for her 18 month check up! I seriously can't believe my baby is a year and a half...where does the time go? All was well and he confirmed that she's growing like a weed! She is about 23 pounds (25-30th percentile) and in the 50th percentile for height. This might be my favorite stage so far...while I have enjoyed each and every stage along the way, it is so fun "carrying on conversation" with Maggie. She understands a whole lot more than she talks and is such a big helper. We've discovered that her favorite household chores are sweeping the floors (and mopping them with wet wipes), laundry folding and distribution, and organizing her toys. She's also a bit OCD when it comes to food, which cracks me up because I am definitely NOT that way-she likes to group her food on separate ends of her plate or tray, and insists on putting her drink on the left side of her tray...she also insists on wiping her space, hands, and mouth with a wet wipe when she's "all tru (through)." AND, when she's all through, she does not like to sit any length of time with her plate in front of her. She's never been one to throw her food, but if it happens to fall off of her plate, she says uh-oh until we pick it up. She cracks me up! She's talking a whole lot more and my typically good eater has gotten very picky about her food. When asked what she wants for any given meal, her response is typically "kickee" (cookie)...ahhh, a girl after my heart!!! She loves to dance, color, and jump-she's extremely active and spends her days in constant motion. She absolutely loves taking baths and adores all things girly...purses, jewelry, bows (which don't actually stay in her hair more than five seconds), dolls, and shoes. She is finally starting to enjoy reading...I am hoping that we'll see her vocabulary really kick off with our new found interest in books. She's definitely on the verge of the terrible twos and has developed a pretty quick temper (I am not sure where she gets that from?? HAHA) She can pitch a temper tantrum with the best of them...I am hoping that is mostly due to her most recent teeth pushing through. Overall, she is such a joy to be around, and we absolutely love her to pieces!!
This is her waiting on the doctor...we found a pen and she decorated the table cover...and herself! Back to the OCD, she couldn't stand having those pen marks on her leg! HAHA!
.jpg)
God love her, shortly after her visit (the same night actually), Maggie got the stomach bug. Oh my word, it was so awful to watch her suffering with that nasty bug. She was miserable and just wanted it to be over. The only good part was that I got a ton of snuggle time with her, which is very rare! It was pitiful!
.jpg)
On that note, as the stomach bug does, it hit me next! Robby's mom will kill me for posting this picture, but I had to include it. These precious people so kindly took off and were late for work to help me out, and I was so appreciative. It hit me in the middle of the day and without question, Robby's mom came and got Maggie and kept her overnight. God love her, she caught the bug two days later and ended up having the worst case of all of us! Missy, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for you...and Coach too! Knock on wood, Robby, Coach and William have missed it...I am still praying!
Other than that, we have been enjoying this wonderful Alabama weather-these pictures were taking only a few days apart. In one, she's bundled up from head to toe and the other she's much less layered. In both pictures, she's loving life in her "cool cat shades!" She keeps me laughing!
.jpg)

I hope you are enjoying your week wherever you are!


2 comments:
Yikes Lauren! I am so sorry you and Maggie had that bad stomach bug. We all had it recently and it was terrible! Cannot believe Maggie is already 18 months-time flies! She is so precious-love the pic of her blowing kisses- so sweet!! Maybe we can play soon!
Lauren, she is sooo cute!! I love the new pictures and updates. Isn't the stomach bug terrible?!! Yall sound like us when we get it... child, to parent, to grandparents! Yikes! Hopefully, we'll gain some immunity to all of these germs at some point. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. :)
Post a Comment