Friday, February 12, 2010

Let it Snow!

On my way to take Maggie to school this morning, I got an email from my sister with a picture of her girls building a snowman...really...Jackson got snow? I had woken up a few hours earlier extremely disappointed that we didn't have a single snowflake on the ground and they were building a snowman...impossible! Fastforward to 9:45...I got a call from her school announcing an 11:00 close in preparation for bad weather...it was not even snowing, so I laughed to myself and headed out to get her. Not too long after I picked Maggie up, it DID start to snow, and it is STILL snowing. I LOVE the snow-it is so beautiful...Maggie and Robby were perfectly content to sit inside by the fire, but I insisted that we get out and enjoy it...and enjoy it we did! Maggie LOVED it this year!

Here is our house at about 3 this afternoon...our house is for sale, by the way, so any of you Birminghamians looking, feel free to give us a shout. There is just something cozy about seeing your lawn full of clean, white powder...and a bit of smoke billowing from the chimney-ahhhh-I love a good snow!



Maggie was fearless and very curious...




She even attempted to eat the snow unprompted...my kind of girl, as soon as she realized it wasn't sweet afterall, she lost interest!




She was happy until she fell or slipped...I had to remind her that she could, in fact, get up on her own...and then she was happy again!




Our precious neighbors came over and made snow angels and a snowman...I didn't get a picture of the snowman because the girls had to leave...oops! Perhaps I'll get out there and take a picture tomorrow?



What a beautiful treat from up above!! Thank you, God, for letting me live in a typically warm climate, but I am VERY appreciative for a beautiful day of snow!!! Hope you enjoyed your day wherever you are!

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

I thought about you today as I lit a citronella candle by the bathtub!

Glad y'all had fun in your snow- we definitely enjoyed ours.