Mags and I stayed at the hotel and worked really hard to entertain ourselves...clearly not! Apparently, I wasted all of my time bringing toys to keep her entertained...she literally spent the evening in and out of my suitcase!
.jpg)
Friday morning, we headed out to explore the city. We walked all over that city and had a blast. Robby worked in Charleston the first four years of our marriage, so it was super nice to have a "local" tour guide to give us the 12-hour tour. We walked and walked and played and played and ended the day with a cold, refreshing lemonade from the street. Maggie, is still paparazzi shy, so my camera went in the bag once I realized she wasn't going to make the most fabulous pictures.
Friday night arrived, and it was time to celebrate with Taylor and Ashley. The wedding was outside, in front of the most beautiful plantation in Mt. Pleasant. I didn't take pictures of the wedding because I was off chasing Maggie and trying to keep her from running down the aisle, but it was absolutely gorgeous...and the weather could not have been more perfect!
This is sweet Ashley...isn't she the most beautiful bride?
Ahh, the reception! It was held at the plantation's carriage house. It was awesome! They had wonderful food, beautiful decor, and a fabulous band. Maggie literally danced for FOUR straight hours...I am not kidding! She was so red faced and sweaty at the end but would not even think about taking time to stop and cool off...except for some wedding cake, of course! We didn't get back to the hotel until 11 that night...she passed right out! Robby and I tried to dance with her on the dance floor, but she wanted nothing to do with us...isn't she a bit young to be embarrassed by her parents?? I don't know who had more fun...the bride and groom or Maggie? It was such an amazing wedding, and we were truly honored to be a part of it!
On our way out of town on Saturday, we stopped by Poogan's Porch for breakfast...we love that place! Maggie is absolutely obsessed with dogs, so I had no trouble convincing her to visit the concrete statue of sweet Poogan...I thought this was a sweet picture.
Needless to say, we had a very pleasant trip home-so much dancing and weekend activity led to a very sleepy Maggie!
We love Charleston!


No comments:
Post a Comment