Monday, July 11, 2011

Lindsay and William's Wedding

My precious brother-in-law, William, got married this weekend. It was an absolutely perfect weekend-the bride, who I absolutely adore, was BEAUTIFUL! They were surrounded by a group of precious friends and family, and there was such a warmth about the entire weekend...I DO love a good wedding! Robby, Maggie, and I were in the wedding party, so I didn't get to document everything I wanted to document, but I was able to get some really great pictures...can't wait to see what the real photographer comes up with! Here they are...in no particular order!

The bride and groom-aren't they so cute!!


William dancing with his mom at the reception:


Maggie was the flower girl-a lot of pressure for the mama of an almost three year old, let me tell you! Maggie did a fabulous job! Here's a picture of her playing in the church before the wedding...



and with Lindsay at the rehearsal! Maggie LOVES Lindsay-she hasn't known life without Lindsay, considering they have been dating since Robby and I got married!


Robby and me with Mags after the ceremony...we were SOOOOOO proud that she actually did it-she bravely walked down the aisle all by herself and meticulously threw those rose petals. At one point, she didn't like how unevenly they'd been distributed, so she bent down and spread them out. Then, she continued her path down the aisle. Almost at the end (where I was luckily waiting for her), she ran out of petals. She shrugged her shoulders like, "what do I do now," and looked at me. I just waved her on and pointed her in the direction of her Mimi and Papa, who were eagerly awaiting her arrival. She was so precious, and I couldn't have been more proud of her...huge sigh of relief for all of us!!



A rare picture of Robby and me...probably the last one was at Maggie's baptism three years ago! HA!


Maggie in the church-the hydrangeas and other flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!!


Some of the bridesmaids towards the end of the night-it was literally one of the most fun receptions ever...so many special people came to support them...loved being part of it!


Robby and the BEST MAN...William's twin brother, Andrew! He gave the sweetest toast at the rehearsal dinner-many tears were brought to my eyes that night! What an awesome thing to hear so many kind, thoughtful things about two people that I absolutely adore...wow!! You know YOU love them, but to hear other people love them like you do is so neat!



Maggie was a dancing machine-she was ready to dance from the moment she got to the reception. This is her dancing with her daddy...not sure who was having more fun!

Mary Allison made an appearance at the wedding too...she was a trooper! The reception started two hours after her bedtime, but she hung in there for a few hours...and had a great time despite the serious look on her face...the music and lights and people were a bit overwhelming to her, I imagine!



William and Lindsay's first dance...so sweet!


Although Maggie wasn't cooperating, this is a picture of her with my saving grace of the weekend...Elizabeth was Godmother extraordinaire!!! The brothers and I threw a shrimp boil/wedding weekend kickoff party on Thursday night-I had barely told E that I was doing that when she volunteered to let the girls spend the night with her and Kurt...she chauffeured the girls around all weekend, entertained Maggie for HOURS at the church, arranged flowers and helped me with the party decor, brought decorations from Florence that I needed, took orders with grace and complete willingness, and absolutely made the weekend a pleasant one for Robby and me!!! Elizabeth, what would I do without you-from the bottom of my heart, thank you SOOOOO much!!!! My children LOVE her and so do I!


Maggie dancing with her Uncle Charlie-she thinks he is the funniest guy! Such a sweet memory!




Here's a shot of sister with her precious uncle, Andrew, and cousin, Mary Margaret...can you tell she absolutely loves her AJ...and her paci!




A rough shot of my little family of four...hopefully the photographer got a better one...this never happens!!



Guess who hung in at the reception until the very end...well almost! She fell asleep on the last song the band played-she danced her little heart out. It's a very rare occasion for her to fall asleep outside of her bed, so I absolutely LOVED a little snuggle time. She is STILL recovering two nights later!


What an awesome wedding! I'll treasure the memories forever! William and Lindsay, thanks for letting me be a part of it...I love your friends. Lindsay, welcome to the family officially...I absolutely adore you!!

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

Great pics- but the last one of you and Maggie is the BEST!! Love you.