The wedding was wonderful and beautiful, and we are so thankful that these two found each other! They are so perfect for each other. This sweet girl was the flower girl!
While she was a sweet angel the entire weekend and functioned on little sleep and virtually no naps, she didn't make it down the aisle alone. Seconds before she was to meet Courtney in the front of the church, she decided to plop herself down in the back of the church. So, I scooped her up and we made it down together-no big deal...no fussing. Unbeknownst to us, Maggie had a double ear infection, a cold, and pink eye...she was not feeling very good, but she held up like a trooper. I did not, however, get any great pictures of her in her wedding attire! Oh well!
Thanks to the wonderful ladies in the next two pictures, however...
Robby and I were both able (and honored) to be in the wedding party...so, this was our best attempt at a family picture commemorating the Glennon/Fillebaum wedding...Maggie was less than interested in being in our arms because she was dying to get out on that dance floor! She thoroughly enjoyed the reception!
A little bit more about my sweet sister. Both Courtney and my mom were planning to be in Florence (with my nieces in tow) to give Robby and I the freedom to enjoy the wedding weekend! The day before they were to leave Jackson, however, my sister's baby got sick, so my mom graciously volunteered to keep her home and "allowed" Courtney to travel with Anna Claire. Courtney was sick too! She never once complained and literally chased Maggie for two solid days and nights in a strange city when she had a sick baby at home and was hosting Thanksgiving dinner at her house only a few days after the wedding! What a generous gift that was to us-we could not thank her enough for her selflessness!!! I just love her to death!
After the wedding, Robby's super kind parents took Maggie back home and let her spend the night with them so we could enjoy the reception! Thank you, thank you, thank you...I would post a picture of them too, but I gave up camera duties on the day of the wedding!
Elizabeth and Kurt-we absolutely loved every minute of that weekend and were truly honored to be a part of such a special day!!!


2 comments:
Am I allowed to say that this is my favorite blog post yet??? Ha! Seriously--major props to ALL THREE of you for being in the wedding--it was an honor to have you all! And HUGE thanks to Courtney for all she did during the weekend--can we say lifesaver? Not just for Lauren, but for LOTS of people! What a fun weekend!
I had a BLAST myself! Elizabeth looked AMAZING (and Kurt was pretty handsome himself). It was SO much fun being there and getting to be a part of the festivities all weekend long. Loved seeing all of those fun AU faces! Thanks to Elizabeth for having Robby, La, and Mags be in the wedding, and thanks to La and Robby for trusting me to watch Maggie. Fun memories, and I loved reliving them today! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment