Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving in Birmingham

This year, we were scheduled to spend Thanksgiving with my family in the great state of Mississippi! Earlier that week, I took Maggie to the doctor to find out that she had a double ear infection and pink eye...yuck! Naturally, I caught that and an infection the night before we were set to leave, so we decided to stay in Birmingham with Robby's family. By Thanksgiving Day, Maggie was feeling almost like her old self, thankfully! I stayed at home on the couch all day and slept...it was HEAVEN for me, and Robby and Maggie got to enjoy the holiday with his family and extended family! Because I wasn't there to document, I sent Robby with the camera, and I think he did a great job capturing the day!

It looks like she enjoyed the delicious meal prepared by her sweet Mimi!




and dessert too!



To kill time prior to the feast, Maggie did a little yard cleanup...



Played some ball...



Did a little bit of pantry shopping...every bag is now her purse-it cracks me up!



And even helped Mimi organize her cabinets (HAHA)!



Overall, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving for everyone-Robby and Maggie enjoyed spending time with the aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins while eating a true Thanksgiving feast, while I was able to stay in my pjs all day and eat leftovers. We are truly thankful for the many blessings of 2009, especially food, family, health, and happiness.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you and your family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We certainly did miss having y'all in Mississippi for Thanksgiving.......glad to see that Maggie was well taken care of! Thanks for FINALLY posting the photos! I've been missing seeing that precious face!