Thanksgiving weekend (and after a depressing Iron Bowl loss to that other school in the state of AL), we headed out to pick out the perfect Christmas tree-while I fantasized about cutting down our tree at a tree farm, reality set in, and we headed over to Lowe's to pick one from their large stash...sad, I know! Anyway, Maggie had a "blast" picking out the tree (which ended being the most crooked and ridiculous looking tree we'd ever had...not because it came from Lowe's but because I was trying to keep up with Maggie and Robby was left to hold up the tree and assess it at the same time...I was NO help to him)!
Maggie "helped" us decorate this year, and she could NOT get enough time with her ornaments. I was surprised at how rarely she took them off of the tree...instead, she was absolutely thrilled to point to them and look at the lights. We had a few wooden twig reindeer beside the tree and she was constantly loving on them and giving them kisses-she'd greet them with "hey guys" every time we were in the living room...it was so funny!
Below are a few pictures of her "putting ornaments on the tree." I thought that would be the perfect time to get our Christmas card picture and seriously got two good ones out of about a hundred! She is so busy!!!
Maggie also got a bit frustrated in the process...she especially loved the breakable ornaments!
Overall, the Christmas season was definitely magical for all of us...it was so fun to see her get fired up about lights, music, inflatables (HAHA), and shouting "HoHoHo" every time she saw a Santa! Perhaps next year, she'll begin to understand the true reason for the season. What a joy that will be!!


1 comment:
LA,
Loved hearing that your tree was CROOKED. Hilarious, and totally MOM! Wouldn't be Christmas without a Charlie Brown tree! Maggie's pics are PRECIOUS!
Post a Comment