We went to the All Saints Children's Christmas Pageant service on Christmas Eve, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I LOVE spending my Christmas Eve in church-it's my absolute favorite service of the year-the music, the message, the excitement in the air, the family environment, ALL OF IT! It was particularly special to watch the Christmas story play out through Maggie's eyes. She was absolutely mesmerized, and it was great to see that she somewhat "got it" this year. I didn't know how she was going to do sitting through a long church service, so I brought lots of books for entertainment, but she did great-she barely even looked at them. She kept telling me that she couldn't see, so I'd let her step out into the aisle...I was just sure that she would take off running, but she genuinely wanted to watch. When Mary walked over to the manger, she shouted out, "Look Mama, that's Jesus' mama!" I was so proud of her! I must credit her knowledge and curiosity to sweet Elizabeth, who searched high and low for the Fisher Price Nativity for her Godchild. If you don't have it, I highly recommend it-we've spent hours loving on Baby Jesus!!
This was our best attempt at a family Christmas picture. I don't know why my family can't seem to get our act together and get a good one, but this is it-the 2010 edition...our last family of THREE photo, perhaps?
Sweet picture of her and her daddy-she is a much better performer when Robby is involved...of course, we couldn't get anything without our beloved Honey!
This is her fake smile...oh well-I can't say I'm much of a performer either...HAHA!
This year, we had Robby's family over for a non-traditional Christmas Eve meal. My sweet husband knows how much I love steak, and I wasn't feeling too fired up about spending a day in the kitchen, so he cooked the entire meal by himself...what a jewel I have in him! Thanks a MILLION Robby-it was DELICIOUS!!
Meanwhile, the highlight of the evening was the remote control helicopter Charlie brought from Gadsden...she couldn't get enough of it!
Here is a picture of her "helping" him set it up and get it ready for its maiden voyage. What would he have done without her, right?
Sheer delight...
Not sure who's having more fun...Maggie or Charlie!?
After a napless day, Christmas pageant, big dinner with lots of goodies served afterwards, helicopter show, and constant attention from three of her four uncles, this little one was absolutely WIRED! We weren't sure Santa was going to make it when she didn't get to bed until after TEN! Lucky for us, Santa's elves were prepared and did a lot of the assembly the night before...HAHA-lesson learned!! Stay tuned for more of our Christmas activity!!


1 comment:
LOVE that she was so involved in the Christmas pageant! I can't wait to see the helicopter in person!
Post a Comment