Sunday, August 9, 2009

Maggie's Birthday Party

Well, I'm a bit late in posting these pictures, but below are a few of my favorites from Maggie's birthday party! While I had great intentions of posting a lot of pictures with all of the family, blogger is just taking too long tonight, so I'll stick to the basics. For her first birthday, we decided to celebrate with family at our house, and Maggie had a blast! By the time the actual party arrived, poor Maggie was absolutely exhausted...she barely stayed awake for the cake! We had barbecue pork and chicken sandwiches, fruit salad and cole slaw, and ranch-style potato salad. We had a cupcake-themed party, so the cake was homeade strawberry (delicious) cake in the shape of a cupcake, and we also had strawberry cupcakes to match. Mags absolutely disappointed me when she did not plant her face in the cake...instead, she daintily dipped her fingers into the icing and barely even got into the cake...she MUST get that from her father because we all know what a sweet tooth I have! Anyway, her first party was a huge success, and we loved having both families in town to celebrate!

Spotlight on my precious and wonderful sister, Courtney...she MADE this dress for Anna Claire's first birthday and graciously allowed us to borrow it for Maggie's first! What a treat-she is so talented, and I love it!!!


These were taken right as the guests were arriving-she was fired up to have a full audience!




Here's where she was about to pass out-passy in mouth and moments prior, we had to lure her into her high chair with her favorite bedtime bunny!



We tried desperately to teach her to blow out the candle the week of the party to no avail-she wouldn't have any part of it, so her precious cousins blew it out for her!





This is what the cake looked like after Maggie and the Bush girls took care of business...don't worry-we had another one to serve the guests! She did an OK job of demolishing it, but on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 6!

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

Happy B'day, sweet Maggie. Tell your mamma to send you to Jackson to spend some time with "Big Maggie" (we'll think of a better name for me while you're here). Miller and I will give you some serious lessons in cake eating- your mom was generous with that "6" grade. But that's one of the perks of being a first born- she'd know nothing about that- "little sisters" psht. Miller picked out your present the other day and it's been holding down the table in my studio ever since. I promise I'm going to the Post Office THIS WEEK! Be looking for a box from the Great State.

Love you, baby girl,
Maggie