Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Better to post later than never at all, right?

This year, we spent Christmas in Birmingham, and it was great! In an effort to start our own family traditions, our house was the center of activity this year. We invited Robby's family over for Christmas Eve Dinner, and for the first time ever, I cooked the entire meal...well, Robby cooked the meat, helped with the chopping and logistics, and most importantly, kept Maggie, but I did the rest! It was so great and ended up turning out pretty good...if I do say so myself!

Our tree-not our best performance, but thanks to the picture wire tied to the top, it did not ever fall over as expected...HAHA!



Our family pictures after church!




Our table all set and ready to go! What a great feeling to have too many people for the table...growing up in a small (but very tight) family, we barely filled the table, so I was overjoyed to have to squeeze them all in...the family might not agree. Maggie made the placecards for everyone, and they were a hit. I was able to use all of my beautiful china, silver and crystal for the very first time (sad, I know), which was so special. It was a nice, cozy dinner!



Maggie and her Papa!



A big tradition in the Allison family is to let the little ones drink out of their special silver cups. My precious Grams gave me my Aunt Nena's silver cup when Maggie was born, so I carried on that tradition and let Maggie drink her milk out of it. She thought she was something special! I am tremendously sentimental, so I tried to incorporate my family's tradition into our new holiday traditions. It could have only been better if the Allison/Bush crew could have joined us in the Ham!



Fast forward to Christmas morning-Santa was good to Maggie! She must have been a sweet girl this year!



She loved her purse and baby...



But the lollipop was the hit of the day...such a rare treat...she was on a sugar high for days!!




All she wanted to do was ride in her car...with her lollipop mostly!



Then it was time for breakfast...with her jewels, of course...can you tell, she was pleased!



Chrismtas night, we went to the Hayes' house and the camera was put away while we opened presents with all of the boys. Needless to say, Maggie got some super fun stuff and had a ball! She was a bit confused when she woke up on the 26th and saw no new toys...HAHA!





Merry Belated Christmas from the Hayes Family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We wish we could have all been together as well. Your table was set so beautifully.....maybe I need you to set ours this year! I had no idea!!!