My friend Mande had Maggie and Benjamin (and DeEtte and Mary Allison) over for a play date with Elliott the week of Christmas-the kids played so well together. Meanwhile, the mamas enjoyed catching up. Mande was the ultimate hostess-we ate and visited and laughed and completely overstayed our welcome. I truly had missed visiting with my friends, so it was a great chance to be still with friends!
Mags and Elliott...
Sweet Benjamin...
The three of them...putting on their fake smiles so I would just hurry up and get the pictures over with...HA!
The little girls-so precious!
The next day, Maggie was invited to the neatest birthday party-it was at an old cabin in the heart of Birmingham, but it truly felt like we were in the mountains. I am not sure who enjoyed the party more-me or Maggie! We loved being a part of it, and truly enjoyed celebrating the big FOUR with Mary Beth!
Up to no good with Ella...surprise, surprise!
Mary Allison was there-absolutely miserable...we ended the day with a visit to the pediatrician. Side note...we have recently discovered that she has acid reflux that has really been causing much discomfort. She is such a happy baby, but she truly wasn't herself for the entire month of December! She's now on some medicine and soy milk, so she seems to be back to her old self...praise the Lord!! Anyway, she was there and quietly enjoyed some Cheerios on the floor.
It was one of those crazy 70 degree weather days in Birmingham, so we, thankfully, got to spend some time outside. We went on a stroll by the Cahaba River-loved that the kids automatically held hands for the excursion-such a sweet group of kiddos.
Group shot-I was a bit camera happy because I was working with Santa on a little Christmas project. We needed some fun pictures of my girls and their friends, so there are lots of December pictures!
Next up, Adelaide hosted a bunch of kids for a cookie decorating party-it was crazy and chaotic, but SO MUCH FUN! I am so thrilled to have found such a great group of friends through VHUMC, and I absolutely adore the kids Maggie tends to hang out with. I love that most of these kids will go to school together for many years to come!
Group shot...whew!
It's also neat to note that a lot of these kids have siblings that will be in Mary Allison's class...so, we took a picture of the littles too! Guess who wasn't very happy for the cameras? I love that some of them are looking at her like she's crazy! HA-we still hadn't figured out her stomach issues at this point, so she was pretty miserable!
Ahhhh-much better!
Maggie was in cookie HEAVEN!


No comments:
Post a Comment